Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

Game causes serious problem with my computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Game causes serious problem with my computer Reply with quote

First off good job on the game, its a nice thing to play when you are bored and want something fast to get into. Sadly though I can no longer play it not that I have upgraded my computer. Every time I try to play the first mission my computer just restarts. The specs for my computer are: AMX 64 X2 3800+ stock, nVidia 6800 gt stock (81.72 drivers), Audigy 2, 120gb hdd, 1gb of 400mhz ddr ram. My computer works perfectly in every other game I play so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I almost forgot, my mobo is a ASRock 939DUAL-SATA2.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you enjoyed the game (when it works!) Hmmm, that's going to be an interesting one to help you out with... although I'm suspicious it could be a sound issue, since it only crashes at the point you mentioned. Additional help will be on the way soon. In the meantime though, you could try altering a few of the options, such as the sound type used. Some are obviously worse than others, but it may help narrow down the problem... before the real support help arrives Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again, I was testing different settings to see if it could be a graphics problem or, as you suggested, a sound problem. Although my computer continued to restart, as it has since I've tried to play it with this computer, I did get a blue screen at one point (Win XP home). It said:
***Stop:0x000000E(0x0000005, 0XF47D1680, 0XBA117E8, 0X00000000)
***ha10kx2k.sys - Address F47D1680 base at F4766000, Date Stamp 3f94bac

It then proceded to dump the physical memory. Although I have no clue what it means, I hope it can help someone who does know to figure out what is wrong.
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ha10kx2k.sys seems to belong to the Creative audio drivers, so the first solution would be to make sure you have the latest drivers. Cellblock Squadrons makes use of the OpenAL audio library, and we've had several problems with (some versions) of Creative's optimized implementation.

If you're sure you're using the latest version, try selecting the "DirectSound3D" audio driver from within Cellblock Squadrons. If that still fails, I have some other tricks you can try Smile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I do not have the latest drivers (every patch after SBA2_EAX4DRV_031031.exe doesn't detect my card for some reason) setting it do DirectSound3D did not change anything. I will try to patch my card again to see if it works now for some reason.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, patching didn't work again. I tried the autopatcher from the creative site so it should work. Anyone have any ideas?
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely sounds like a strange bug. My next step would be to try the following:

- In the Cellblock Squadrons directory, rename OpenAL32.dll to something else ('OpenAL32.dll.bak', for example).
- Rename wrap_oal.dll to OpenAL32.dll

This will completely bypass any optimized drivers, and guarantee that it uses nothing but plain DirectSound. If every other game works fine and it still crashes, then it probably isn't your sound card.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that has fixed my problem. It now no longer restarts my computer whenever I play, thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: