Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

Cellblock Squadrons II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kilihari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 pm    Post subject: Cellblock Squadrons II Reply with quote

Hello Superfurious Software,

I am just wondering, whats next for you guys, this game is awesome, still haven't finished it, I am having a hell of a good time though. What is next for Superfurious?

-Kilihari
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kilihari, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Cellblock! We're currently working on another game... but it'll be a while in the cooking pot. It'll be worth the wait though, hopefully.
Kilihari

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: I really like this game though.... Reply with quote

Listen,

I mean this sincerely from the bottom of my heart. I have played most space combat sims. I have invested over 1000 hours of time over the years into the X series. I have honestly played and replayed Freespace until i burnt a hole into the cdrom. Freelancer, everything. I can without a doubt say that many space sims lack a certain quality; fun. Your spacesim I have played now for about 10 hours in total, on and off. It is absolutely fun. The not fun space sims like Battlecrusier have killed this genre. Superfurious has built something that I find truly enjoyable. It has an interesting twist on gameplay and enough side items(email, choosing battles, choosing ships) to make you think it is bigger than it actually is. I love the simple yet nice scope of the game. This is one of my most favorite space sims, also, it has joystick support which seems lacking in so many new space sims. I can't wait to try out my Saitek X52 Pro, just as soon as I finish my renovations!

Build another space combat sim please. You guys are good at it, sorry not good, great. This is one of the best space sims meerly based on the fun quality. The only problem you guys had is the fact that no one knows about Cellblock Squadrons. Don't spend a dime on advertising, but, damnitt go to every forum, go to every single forum that has anything to do remotely with gaming and post something that has something to do with your next game. I will help, it only takes a few hours a night and you can do more for you next game than any publisher can ever do. My friends, there is a game called Parkan II it was released in North America, Europe, and UK around the same time as your game was, it is probably one of the top ten best space sims ever created, ever hear of it? No, as their publisher didn't get the job done, I mean in this game you can fly your ship, board other ships, land on planets, walk around, explore the planet, go back on your ship, take off, it is really fun and totally easy to grasp the game, but no one knows about it. The developer lost tuns of money making Parkan II and Parkan III is something we will never see. The next game that you release, before you release it, goto every forum ever made, I will help, spread the buzz, then when the game is about to be published, do it again, then when it is published do it again. I can guarantee people will know about it, and I can guarantee you that SuperFurious will be a much bigger company that you currently are because you have a quality that most multi-million dollar games lack; fun.

I would have paid double the price for Cellblock.

-Kilihari.
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Kilihari, thanks for the amazing comments. Cellblock was our first game, and we did learn a lot from it. Since we don't have a publisher, marketing was one of those things we didn't really plan for properly, and trying to get noticed isn't easy. Next time I'm sure we'll do more to get the word out!

I'm sorry to say that although our next game is set in space, it isn't going to be a space sim in the style of Cellblock. We do hope it'll be as fun (and action packed) though Smile

Quote:
I would have paid double the price for Cellblock.

No need... we're not in it for the money Smile It would be nice to one day make games for a living, but we have other jobs to pay the bills. We make games simply because we enjoy it.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just add- we did talk about making a Cellblock II, but we felt the current project we have in mind was more important to get out of the door first. We're very much lovers of good sci-fi, and to focus all of our energies on one aspect of a genre we love would be a waste. Or at least, we think so.

I wouldn't count out a return to the world of Cellblock in the future, though Wink As hh10k mentioned, we really appreciate your comments about the game. It spurs us on to reach our next goal! Thankyou.
Kilihari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: I encourage you guys to make another space sim. Reply with quote

Listen, I have put in now about 20 hours into Cellblock, the space sim is absolutely solid. One thing that really got me about your sim is the fact that you guys did away with many complicated procedures like taking off and landing, wingmen, and on and on, because you had a story to back it up. You are a convict so the mothership takes control of your ship in the beginning and at the end. There are many different controls but you don't need to use anything other than your mouse if you don't want too. The game is easy to get into for a novice player, and you can customize your controls for the more skilled player. I mean, these are things that big companies haven't figured out, but you guys did. On top of all this there are enough side things to do to make the game feel bigger than it actually is. Beautiful idea, I tell ya please make another space sim, doesn't have to be Cellblock 2 or anything, but you guys are great at making space sims, even if it was a combination between a space combat sim and something else, man, anything, but heed my words my friend, yes the space combat sim genre has not been doing so well, but you take a look at the X franchise, or the new Precursors game, or Jumpgate. Space combat sim genre is due for a big comeback in a big way. You guys already have a headstart, maybe even an engine you can build upon. Build something that has something to do with space flight sim combat and man.... I do believe you will have a winner.

What genre of game were you planning though, if you don't mind me asking?

-Kilihari.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the compliments Wink

The game we're working on doesn't exactly fit a specific genre. It'll be a space sim, but not like anything that's been done before. And, the rest is top secret Cool It's quite 'large scale', so it'll take us a fair while to get it done, but when it is we think it'll be worth the wait. As with Cellblock, we're planning on learning as much as we can while making it, so if the day comes again when we turn to working on a pure space sim, we'll have a very solid framework in place.

Thanks for the reminder to check our Precursors. I meant to do that. Right now I'm enjoying Freespace again (from Gog.com) as I didn't get a chance to play through number 2. It brings back many good memories Smile However, I have to put a limit on the gaming so I can get work done!
Kilihari

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Just one tiny little small question.... (you can punch me) Reply with quote

Yeah yeah yeah, I know I am being a jerk when you have already given me info, but can I just ask one cute little tiny question more about your upcoming genre defying space sim type game Wink (I really do like the sounds of that by the way).

Can I use my Saitek Joystick with it?

After this I promise not to bug you too much Wink.

-Kilihari.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe... well, by the time we finish you might be controlling games with your mind thanks to a futuristic peripheral of some kind (okay, hopefully it won't be that far in the future) but yes, I think we can make that happen Smile
Kilihari

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: PC Gamer. Reply with quote

Ya I read that in August's PC Gamer, "I killed my friend with my mind" ehehehhe.... dood.. you seem cool man, if you guys ever need any help, I would be happy to do so. I can cut and paste as seen in my previous graphical masterpiece, I can make techno tracks tracks of awesomeness using my compoota. I am great in marketing. If you guys ever need some dood to do that, I am your guy. I am not in this for any money .. either, just getting exp +1 would be good. ehheehhehe. Wink

-Kilihari.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kilihari, the offer is appreciated Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: