Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

DVD Case Insert and CD Label

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you going to make a Cellblock Squadrons CD Label DVD Case Label and make your very own professional looking box for Cellblock?
Yes, absolutely, the label has inspired me to not only create my own professional looking CD, but also buy another copy of the game!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Naw, the label sux the big one, I did however print it out and it is sitting next to the toilet so I can wipe and flush it down the sewer, it will be in good company, with the rest of the "#$%!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Kilihari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: DVD Case Insert and CD Label Reply with quote

Hello Everyone Very Happy,

I would just like to apologize for being about 3 months late on my promise to create a CD
case insert and CD label. Well, good news, my wedding is over and I can concentrate on the really
important things in life like Cellblock Squadrons.

A great game deserves a label. Also, I have been dying to play this game after playing the
demo for a few hours. I really want to buy this game, but I just can't justify buying it, as to
purchase it I need something physical that I can hold. If I have a label, then I can make the
purchase.

I am not a graphics designer Crying or Very sad, but I should have something that is presentable by tomorrow,
is there anyone out there who can help me create a CD case insert and a CD label Wink ?

OK, I have the CD Label, it's pretty rough, but tell me what you think? Also, there are discolored
areas on the image, when the image is printed, it doesn't show those areas, as those areas
are outside the boundaries of the CD.

Edit - [2008-08-08] 23:19 - Tokyo, JP
I have added a bunch of things to the image and re-sized the writing, looking a little bit more
understandable now. I still don't completely like it, but then again, I haven't got a clue what
I am doing ehheeheh. I intend to do a much better job on the DVD case label. I know that the
prisoners are on a ship and not in a brick cell however when people look at the label I want
them to see a space battle and the fact that there is something to do with jail, so i threw in
some barbed wire, a brick cell, and changed the Cellblock Squadrons logo to reflect the
fact that there is something to do with jail and space fighting. I donno, anyone have any ideas?

Edit - [2008-08-12] 00:47 - Tokyo, JP
Honestly if I knew how long that was going to take I probably would not have done it, ahh.. I
probably would have Very Happy. Now, I want to stress I am not a graphics designer, cut and
paste is what my name is, actually that is exactly what it means. So, I have done this for
one reason to give myself something to put this game in when I buy it. I made this for me.
Also, cuz I am a cool guy! Wink Whadda ya guys think? Is it ok? Did I just spend 20 hours for
nothing ehheehhe.. tell me!... can I get a free game out of this ehehehe (Just joking).

Last edited by Kilihari on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 4 times in total
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on getting married! Smile

I'm not sure you'll find anyone on this forum to help, as it's pretty quiet now. However, see how you go, and if you get it all finished by all means link to a few images. I'd like to see what you come up with.
Kilihari

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Whadda ya think? Reply with quote

I still have to make the DVD case insert, I will probably get to it tomorrow or the day after, but I
can't wait to buy this game and put it on my shelf. Man I suck at making grfx ehhhehe.. oh well,
at least it is something.. COPY PASTE COPY PASTE. It is what kilihari means in Japanese.

Last edited by Kilihari on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Cool I agree art's not your strongest suit at the moment, but at least you have something to show... and it's all practice!
Kilihari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Took some advice. Reply with quote

Ok, so I changed it up a bit. I am now working on the DVD case insert. This would be the hard
part. So, see you in a little bit. I am just wondering, this game is pretty good, I mean, I really
enjoy the demo. I will buy it as soon as I finish the label, this was game tunnel's game of the
year, you must have sold a few thousand copies at very least. Are you considering making
a sequel or another space combat flight simulator game in the future? Very Happy

-Kilihari
Kilihari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: I have bought the game!! WOO! It has been months waiting!!!! Reply with quote

OK! Very Happy ,
I have bought the game, so I will make my right now and case and take a picture and show everyone
heehhehe. Sounds good?
-Kilihari.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kilihari, sorry about the lack of reply from us on here... we've had issues with out internet connection the last week or so.

I'd love to see a pic of your case, whenever you have it ready Smile
Kilihari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Pictures of the finished product! Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Happy To Report! Very Happy Very Happy

Everything went perfectly fine. I purchased SureThing CD Label and DVD Case Insert Label
Creator from surething.com. Shipped it to Japan, cost me about 100 bucks in total but I made
a big order, I plan on making some more labels. I printed it off on glossy with my crappy printer
but damn it worked out really nice. Made me have new respect for my crappy printer. Yai for
crappy Epson pm-860pt!

Tell me what cha think, honestly this is probably the accumulation of about 25 hours work, but
damn it was kinda fun! Now it is time to see how the game will work with my Saitek X52 PRO! Yeah!!
Can you find Cellblock Squadrons in the second picture? Shocked

-Kilihari
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic work! I'm impressed Smile You have a great looking game collection there, and I admit it did take me a moment to spot Cellsquads in the crowd. But, when I did I was very proud to see it in such good company as those other space-sim classics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: