Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

Lurker Teleport error, and unrelated screen flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warnstaff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Lurker Teleport error, and unrelated screen flashing Reply with quote

Take three! Damn my ISP.

Hello, just bought this game last night via totalgaming.net (already worth the money BTW Smile and using latest patch), and I just discovered 3rd person camera. Anyway, heres the problem with the lurker's teleport: While in 3rd person (F1) attempting to teleport does nothing but make the ship do all the graphical teleport stuff, but not actually teleport. Same thing if teleport is activated while in 3d person, but switched to first person before teleport is completed. I just realized that 3rd person lurkers are great for dodging beams.

Now, the unrelated screen flashing: During the game, intermitently, there are flashes of what looks like lightning very close to m craft. It happens regardless of the V-sync thiny (the one that's supposed to prevent this). My system specs are as follows:

P4 3ghz
ATI All-In-Wonder 800XL*
3 gigs of DDR ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
Windows XP Pro

*Drivers are 6.3 or 6.4. The past several times I've updated have caused severe slowdowns on my computer, which were only solved via reformat, so I'm very reluncant to update them.

P.S. These bugs or not, it's still a very enjoyable game Smile Keep it up
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lurker Teleport error, and unrelated screen flashing Reply with quote

Hey, glad you like the game Smile Now... onto the bugs...

Warnstaff wrote:
While in 3rd person (F1) attempting to teleport does nothing but make the ship do all the graphical teleport stuff, but not actually teleport. Same thing if teleport is activated while in 3d person, but switched to first person before teleport is completed.

I gave it a quick test and it seemed to work okay for me. Sometimes it can be quite disorientating when teleporting in 3rd person, but if you're pretty sure I'll spend some more time on it.

Warnstaff wrote:
Now, the unrelated screen flashing: During the game, intermitently, there are flashes of what looks like lightning very close to m craft. It happens regardless of the V-sync thiny (the one that's supposed to prevent this).

Cellblock has had a bug in the past that caused the entire screen to flash white at times, but I'm pretty confident that was fixed. Can you describe what it looks like? If possible, try to take a screenshot with F8. Screenshots are saved to the Cellblock Squadrons directory as .bmp files.

Of course, at times when I thought I saw a glitch it was actually my wingman telelporting Smile
Warnstaff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is odd, I just chekced, and I don't seem to have these erros anymore. At the time I posted this thread, I had just encountered it. I don't know how (do I have a friendly ghost in my computer?), unless I teleported 6 times, all forward, (same planet and nebula configuration). The Starhammer is gonna have a hard time now Very Happy

Ok, I think I just figured out the lurker part. The teleport goes to a random place, and I just got the same random place 3 times before going to a new place. Sounds like I didn't check i for random chance before posting it. My bad Embarassed

Just encountered it again, and figured I'd take some screenies. Got it several times where I didn't eleport at all. Is there an attachment option? I got them in JPEG compressed in a .rar if you wantt them. I'm pretty sure it's a but now, as I didn't move at all when teleporting. Also, I got brief flashing when teleporting, but it didn't last past a few, and it was too fast for my F 8-ing finger to get it.

The flashing though......... it was there when I posted, and for a few hours before, but I havn't gotten any since. No screenies (didn't know of FCool, but it did literally look like very think lightning that went across the screen. Lasted about 1/4 of a second.

Well, just got some flashing while teleporting, and got several screenies Very Happy Where do I send them?

No explenation on my end for these bugs going away on me (maybe your engine is a "smart" engine, and fixed them Smile ).

Well, thanks for responding Smile . Is there any chance we could get a gamma adjuster for the lighting? Sometimes it's just a bit too dark for me (I'm used to games like Freespace 2, were things are lit up).
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warnstaff wrote:
Well, just got some flashing while teleporting, and got several screenies Very Happy Where do I send them?

Please send them to support@superfurious.com. The annoying thing about glitches like these are that it's often due to driver bugs that are beyond our control, but I'll do my best Smile

As for the teleport problem, it may fail to work when there's something blocking the destination, although that shouldn't happen too often. Just in case it has something to do with the missions you're on, could you send your save game as well (found in the "Cellblock Squadrons/Players" directory)? All help in squashing bugs is much appreciated Smile
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to adjusting the gamma- Cellsquads was originally designed to be a fair amount darker than Freespace, with very low ambient lighting... so you'll see things like a completely black side of a ship (one of the tactical issues of battle in Cellsquads is keeping this in mind, as you'd have to in reality). It adds a lot to the mood, I feel. Normally it wouldn't be much of an issue to add in a simple adjuster for gamma, but from what I understand Opengl (which is what Cellsquads uses) isn't built for adjusting gamma. So, the best thing to do is simply tweak the settings on your monitor tempoarily.

If you find the game completely unplayable however, I'm sure we can look into cranking the ambient lighting somewhat. Let us know how you go.
Warnstaff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email sent Smile Screens and players included.

Thanks for the replies guys. While I am used to the gamma of games like Freespace, I do find it a welcome change sometimes (It's great with the Spearhead's ramming sheild, which makes it easier to see the baddie ship Very Happy ). I don't think I'll be actually going for cranking up the lighting, but it would be a nice little option (too bad opengl doesn't like it).

Anyways, back to my game. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: