Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

OpenGL video card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huntmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: OpenGL video card Reply with quote

I failed to get cellblock squadrons to work on my previous computer and have recently got a new one with a better graphics card. However now upon trying to run the game I get an error message saying that I need an openGL video cards with texture rectangular support. Is this a problem with the card or something i can update it with. I have search for it but only found animation tutorials.
Thanks
Huntmaster
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texture rectangles are a common feature of the major graphics card manufacturers, but since it's an 'old' feature, it's possible that the card that came with your new computer doesn't support it. Could you tell me what type of graphics card it is, or (if you're not sure) point me at the computer model number that it came with? I'm sure that even though it doesn't say it has this feature, I'll be able to make it achieve the same effect via other means Smile

Thanks.
huntmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went on the site and all it said about the card was its an Intel 945GM couldn't get any more information. My computer model is an acer 5633WLMi. hope that helps.
Thanks
Huntmaster
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunely, most Intel graphics cards do not support texture rectangles. I need a little time to research things, but I think there is something I can do to achieve the same thing. I'll check back after looking into it.
huntmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks a bunch
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again huntmaster. I've had some time to check out what can be done, and it seems like the graphics drivers for the Intel 945GM have been updated to include the exact feature Cellblock requires. To update your drivers directly, go to the 945GM support page and click the download for either Windows XP or Vista.

I may still modify Cellblock to avoid needing texture rectangle support, but the solution won't be an efficient one unfortunately.
huntmaster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded the latest version (2/21/2008) but still have exactly the same problem. didn't manage to find anything on texture rectangle support stuff there though. Perhaps I got the wrong download. This is the link i used
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2301&OSFullName=Windows+Vista*&lang=eng&strOSs=163&submit=Go%21
hh10k
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the wait, but I'm close to finishing a patch that will allow Cellblock to run on cards that don't have texture rectangle support. Just a little more time and testing, and it should be good to go Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: