Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

Nice One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavy Stylus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Nice One Reply with quote

Just bought the game last night after playing the demo, and I'm really impressed.

I used to be a big fan of a little known space shooter from EA Games called 'Darklight Conflict', but unfortunately I can't get it to work under XP. CBS 2.0 is a more than worthy replacement though!

One suggestion - an option to add higher detail to the larger ships would be greatly appreciated by high-spec users (like myself). The larger battleships could really do with some destructable areas so you feel as though you are making progress - the plasma leaks are good, but you should really be able to destroy areas of the ship.

Well done for avoiding the usual badly-scripted space opera approach - although similar in some respects to Darklight Conflict, CBS is quite unique!
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments! Unfortunately, because of the way the game was designed, adding in extra detail (as you've mentioned) to the larger ships isn't possible. We did try, but it just wasn't something we couldn't impliment without re-writing a great deal of the engine, over a very long time. If something does occur to us about how to crank up the detail however, rest assured we will add it in. I just wouldn't... well, wait around for it Wink

I remember Darklight Conflict well... it was a special game indeed, which didn't really get the attention it deserved. In all honesty I hadn't made the connection between Cellsquads and it. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy good ol' action, without the typical scripted events!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reactor wrote:
I remember Darklight Conflict well... it was a special game indeed, which didn't really get the attention it deserved. In all honesty I hadn't made the connection between Cellsquads and it. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy good ol' action, without the typical scripted events!

By similarity I was refering to the gameplay. DC was more straight-up shooter than space-combat sim, and the same applies to CBS. Both games are really easy to pick up and play (thanks to the simple controls) and neither of them let realism get in the way of a good blast (the physics suit the game, but are far from realistic - like Elite II for example).

Things I do miss from DC are the manual docking/launching and those really trippy hyperspace sections. No game I've played has done a wormhole as good as those found in Darklight.

With regard to my initial detail suggestion, I was only suggesting it if it was something that would be feasible - it would have just been icing on the cake anyway.

BTW, I've not read the manual through yet, but is (enemy) target cycling possible? I didn't notice a key for it in the controls...

Great game.
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Targeting is automatic, but we're soon to add in a command to lock a target... ala Wing Commander Prophecy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: