Games Store Forums Support Partners Home

The Strategy Topic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Player

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: The Strategy Topic! Reply with quote

Post your strategies for the game here.

Fighting Strom Ships:

This is very easy. Strom ships are little more than target practice. Although their long narrow shape would make them a pain to fight if they moved quickly, they do no such thing. Instead, they move in a straight path at all times (quite slowly), generally perpendicular to your starting route. All you have to do is fly straight and shoot them. As for weaponry, they are fairly weak. Their lasers aren't too dangerous, and they fire bullets in minimal quantities.

Specific Strategies:

Strom Fighter: Sit back and relax, no such thing exists.

Strom: The basic ships. Just point and shoot. The only thing you have to fear from this is crashing into it, unless you're in the spearhead, in which case doing so is a very easy way to inflict high damage. Even though it is one of the few small ships with lasers, it still poses no threat.

Stromon: The medium ships. Again, you can simply point and shoot. Try to avoid tailing it directly, and keep an eye open for it's laser beams. You'll be fine if you do so.

Strom Gen: The Large ships. It's decked out with what seems like loads of firepower, but it'll hardly ever hit you. Lasers are rarely anything to worry unless most of your wingmen have been killed, a rare occurence when facing a strom pack. They do not spew homing bullets or anything either. Just keep your wits about you, your finger on the trigger, and victory is yours.[/list]
Reactor
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice topic... do you have any tips for the Tantren Unique?
Player

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lengatha, like the other non-pirate uniques I've encountered thus far (week 100ish, lots of deaths), has a spot from which one can fire with impunity can easily be found.
Frankly, you just have to hope for a little luck off the block, and if you're careful and still have at least 60 wingmen by the time it's down to about half it's health, then you're going to win.

I'll admit though, I don't recall the specific uniques too well. They all sort of blend together, except for a few.
Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notes on specific ships:

Plutexian Triton: The smallest "large ship," and also perhaps the most vulnerable. It's construction is an inner cylinder, and an outer ring. If you can get between those two, you are COMPLETELY protected from its guns. The only thing you have to worry about is "engines powering," and if you get out or simply keep pace with it when that happens, you'll be just fine. Be a bit careful when you are outside the ring though. The Triton has some moderately strong single bullet weapons, and on occasion uses sprays of bullets, and lasers.

Minerie Hymenopthera: This one can be dangerous if you aren't careful, but otherwise it's a peace of cake. It is shaped like an extra thick boomerang, or a semi-circle with a smaller semi-circle removed from the middle. From it's top and bottom it fires deadly bullet sprays. The flat end of its rear has some slightly less deadly weaponry which I don't recall. The concavity in its rear is the safest place to be. It fires single bullets (homing), and from the center rear it fires lasers.
What you need to do to avoid most of its weaponry is fairly simple. Just get a ship, and cruise back and forth across the concavity. Since the Hymenopthera is pretty much constantly moving directly away from you when in that position (as opposed to the jumpstar, which, though it has a comparable spot in its wings, you fall behind it and into it's line of fire if you try cruising along them) it's pretty easy to stay with it. The persuader is the absolutely perfect ship for killing these.
The most important thing to remember is: stay out of the bullet sprays.

Strategy for any mission involving more than 2 Moder ships, especially when accompanied by Eners:

Screw it. You can't win. Just don't try. Die as quick as you can, don't prolong your pain. It was horrible attrition to defeat these back when the Barracuda was godlike, and now it's simply not worth bothering.

If you have an alternate strategy, please post saying so.
Player

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to retract a statement in my first post: Stromon actually DO spray homing bullets. Close contact is to be avoided when facing them, so I suggest you forego the Spearhead.
afroholic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, im having trouble with the pirate unique starhammer. i died about 65 times on it.. help would be appreciated
afroholic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually beat the starhammer (by luck) shortly after posting. i do not have a stratage really. best advice i cold give you is try to keep your distance.

but i do have a stratagy for: Io Treminer

This boss is fairly easy if you know what youre doing. The key is to stay as close to it as possible and keep moving around its walls. never stop, keep moving around it fullspeed, as close as possible. try not to collide with it, and never stop firing.

Recommended Ship: Pursuader, Baraccuda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Super Furious Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: